We follow the philosophy “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food- Hippocrates."
The Clinical Nutrition Department at our hospital provides comprehensive nutrition services to improve human health and quality of life. We provide nutrition education for disease preventions and counseling for chronic conditions. This is our essential component towards comprehensive disease management.
At The Breach Candy Hospital Trust, patient meals are an integral part of the hospital’s treatment, and we recognize that the consumption of a balanced diet is crucial to aid a patient’s wellbeing and recovery.
We are sensitive to the requirements of our culturally diverse patients and understand that food service quality impacts their satisfaction and overall hospital experience.
- We follow stringent norms and measures laid down by the FSSAI & NABH.
- At BCH we are equipped with a state-of-the-art kitchen as well as trained personnel to ensure service at par with international standards (to ensure best in class service).
- Food handlers are medically checked every six months, and an independent NABL accredited laboratory conducts food safety audits.
Patients can seek assistance for the following disease /conditions
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Renal diseases
- Obesity /life style disorder
- Hepatic /hepatic biliary diseases
- Gall bladder stones
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Sports nutrition
Diets are also customized based on patients physical, psychological, cultural and social backgrounds for better outcomes. We offer a wide choice of vegetarian and non- vegetarian meals, both Indian and Continental.
Our recipes are developed by our internal culinary design team and dieticians and prepared by our own chefs.
OPD timings: Monday to Saturday (022 - 2367933/34/35)
Prior appointment basis
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM : Dr. Pooja Thacker (Head of Dietetics Dept.)
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM : Ms. Pooja Dafftary (Executive Dietitian)
- Our kitchen is well covered by smoke detectors and sprinklers.
- We have state-of-the-art automatic fire detection and extinguishing system fitted over the cooking area. This is linked to the supply of LPG, automatically switching it off in the case of any fire.
- All the employees are well trained in fire safety.
- Dieticians meet every patient on a daily basis and on admission they conduct a nutritional assessment.
- Our online system integrates patient’s medical records and food allergies to enhance nutrition care.
- They offer counseling and tailor-made diets if required on discharge.
- Dietetics OPD offers diet and nutritional counseling to out-patients.